Monday, December 22, 2008

For all the procrastinators out there...a Christmas post :)

Photo credit - http://giftsoftheorient.co.uk

Here's a selection of some of my previous Christmas organising posts for you, especially if you're one of those last-minute people.

How to plan your Christmas without getting stressed

Frugal gift ideas - beaded bookmarks and jewellery organisers

Organising gift wrap and ribbons

And if you really want to save lots of money, go get some cheap Christmas cards and gift wrap (if you use Christmas gift wrap) in the days just after Christmas

Let's have some fun. If you could describe this year's Christmas in ONE WORD, what would that be?

My word is SIMPLE.

Over to you!

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

Cutback. Yes, that's one word. No spaces, see? LOL!

I cut back on the cards I sent out. Less stress, especially since I was making them.

I cut back on gifts and only gave to those that I really wanted (or needed) to. I feel abit embarressed, though as I got gifts from people I did not give.

I did not stress that I did not put a tree up this year. Does the tree from previous year(s) that are still up count? They're Christmas ornaments that were gifts on a tree but they're not of trees or Santas but of a collection of lions (what we belong to).

Marcia Francois said...

Oh YES Yvonne, that absolutely counts :)

I love your word and it definitely works.

I think I sent out about 15 cards compared to last year's 70!

And we didn't do gifts this year - we "gave each other" Rod Stewart and it was one of THE BEST gifts ever :)

Anonymous said...

Anticipate

If we could anticipate and plan in the down days of the year then the frantic days leading up to the holiday would be a little less frantic.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that wasn't supposed to be anonymous!

Mom2BeautifulGirl said...

Magical.

I have a 3 1/2 year old whose just getting "it" this year.

Cutback is a great one Yvonne. We're doing some of that this year too.

Marcia Francois said...

Carolyn, in my email, you appeared as Calm the clutter so I know that's you :)

I absolutely agree with you and with mom - gorgeous words

Forgetfulone said...

At this point, my one word would be OVER. But, I would have said FUN.

ShareThis