Friday, December 26, 2008

New format Friday Declutter Challenge for 2009


This is the last challenge for 2008. Wow!

I'm so proud of you, even if you only participated a couple of times.

I've been thinking about doing this challenge a little differently next year.

How about we have a "theme for the week" every week? It will be something small and manageable....what do you think?

(if you don't want to post on the theme, go right ahead :) It's mainly to help those who want more direction and guidance with their organising efforts)

So, some housekeeping...

We're decluttering and organising in our KITCHENS for the month of Jan

2 Jan - Tupperware in the kitchen
9 Jan - Mugs and glasses
16 Jan - Plates & bowls
23 Jan - Cutlery and utensils
30 Jan - Baking pans and cooking stuff

Get your entire home organised in 2009.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is what I decluttered this week - some old pyjamas I've outgrown :) - too much of these and these.

This is a great week to declutter some items, especially if you received new __________ for Christmas.

Why hang onto those old __________ ?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for this week's challenge


Please link to the post on your blog where you show off your pictures or talk about what you decluttered this week. If you don't have a blog, tell me in the comments about
ANYTHING you decluttered this week.

It can be anything - physical, electronic, mental clutter or even the need to be a certain way. Like perfectionism! :)

What did you declutter this week?



P.S.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your idea to have themes for each week sounds great! I look forward to see how much everyone will accomplish in the new year.

Diane said...

Themes are good idea . I will just tweak those areas and keep decluttering others. You gave me such a push which was awesome this summer to declutter that I have my bedroom and the spare bedroom left .
I went through all of Angel's toy spots in the livingroom and got rid of 3 garbage bags of stuff!!!!!!!!
I was so ruthless I think I get this decluttering. She didnt miss anything!!!! She did one area that took an hour and I did two more which took about the same amount of time. The livingroom looks great and feels that awwwwwww... feeling.

Me said...

I think having a theme would be a good idea but I don't know what I could declutter from your January themes. I'll try to find something.

Ria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ria said...

I think this is a great idea! So far this week I have taken 6 boxes of children's clothes to our local Thrift Store that raises money for the homeless. We also gave large boxes full of outgrown clothes to two families that were recently laid off from their jobs. Hopefully, it helps them and does not clutter their homes.
I will be working on 6 closests this week-end. Wait until you see the pictures! OMG
I really plan on having fun and I am going to be putting this in my day planner so that I can be more "organized" for my post.
Happy Holidays!

HDMac said...

I like that idea! "Working my way thru the House in 2009!"

Kristin - The Goat said...

I didn't even realize yesterday was friday - but I decluttered for several hours. I went in to my office to write a check for a bill and I ended up organizing the files in my filing cabinet. Pulling out files that were no longer needed (or just didn't work with my system) tossed out old appliance booklets from appliances long gone. And, once again, I cleaned off my desk - which was much easier to do since I had already done the excavation last month (Or whenever you had us post our before and afters.)

My husband was taking a nap and I just sat and worked in that room. It was quite nice actually. I think I will schedule an hour every two - three weeks to do this. After a few sessions, it wouldn't even take an hour!

The kitchen decluttering will be a a tough one for me. I'm pretty minimal in the kitchen. I have 10 gladware storage containers. They never go in the microwave and never have tomato sauce in them, so they are used until they are broken lol Of all the places in my house, my kitchen is pretty streamlined - but I'm positive I can find stuff to cull. Come to think of it, I think I have a set of 6 champagne glasses that are in the very top of the cupboard....OK, I'm in!

Merry Christmas & Happy New year!!

ShareThis