Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tackle it Tuesday - inside the fridge

Edited 11 June 2008 - this is my Works for me Wed contribution - I couldn't resist after seeing Shannon's fridge :)

Hello all!

I decided to do a house tackle this week for a change.

We have systems for our fridge (actually for our whole house). That's the main reason it doesn't take very long to get things in order if they are a bit out of whack. You'll notice I have labels. I got the idea from Aby Garvey (Creative Organising on my sidebar) and love it! We know where things go and it's quick to sort out again.

But here's what it looked like before...not too bad IMO (I see worse all the time)



And here's what it looked like afterwards.
Let me walk you through...
Top shelf - condiments and in the front I put my lunch bag (yes, that grey thing in the 2nd picture). I have to eat everything in there every day.


Middle shelf - leftovers and sometimes, bread. Bread seems to go mouldy here very quickly (or we eat it too slowly - one loaf each a week) so we store it in the fridge.




Shelf 3 - prepared vegetables - cut onion, cut mushrooms, and the carrots and pumpkin I buy prepared. Life is too short for peeling difficult vegetables ;)

Shelf 4 - lunch stuff - cheese, lunch meats, tomatoes, cucumber

The drawer on the left is Dion's - for all his water bottles and his apples. Likes them cold. I don't.
The right drawer is mine - with my water and all my yoghurts.


Oops - forgot to take a picture of the door. Oh well, it is late and just pretend you've seen it because it is nicely in order.
Bottom shelf - milk, water, Marcia's bread
Middle shelf - spreads, garlic (yes, I have a lot - plain, garlic & ginger, garlic & chilli)
2nd shelf - cottage cheeses (we eat a lot), margerine
Top shelf - eggs, medicines
Do you label your fridge?

14 comments:

Robin Green said...

I can honestly say that it never occurred to me to label the fridge--I think it's a good idea though.

Marcia Francois said...

Ooh Jenna - once you do it, you'll never go back.

I first had those blue post-its all over just to make sure I wanted the labels where they are.

Now I write on masking tape with a permanent marker.

Try it - you'll see.

Atasha said...

Great tackle. I can't even begin inside these refigerators here. can you believe the husband has his own in the garage? All it is, is more work for me.

I wonder if labeling will work here. My son likes to pull things off and say they're stickers.

Deedra said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing it! Have a great day!

By the grace of God ... said...

Ever since I labelled the fridge -- it stays much neater. And if things get a little out of wack -- it only takes a minute or two to straighten it up. This is a great tip!

Lauren said...

I never would have thought to label the fridge. Neat tip!

Candace said...

What a cool idea. Like the others I had never even considered labels in the fridge. Hmmm, I just tackled my pantry maybe I should run in there and label it lol. That is why I love Tackle it Tuesday such great ideas!!!

Anonymous said...

wow! it looks awesome!! Great tackle!

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

What a great tip - I never would have thought about that! Great idea!

Megs said...

I would have thought that the labels wouldn't stay on because of the cold. I will have to think about this. I like the post-it note idea because just sticking the labels up seems like a big commitment. : )

marigold said...

I never would've thought to label the fridge shelves and drawers. It's a great idea!

Anonymous said...

I've used labels for years and swear by it! :-) I print mine from the computer so they appear professional and neat. :-) SherylCanadianGirl

Madhavi said...

Hey, I love your organising tips... I am someone who organises and then forgets where I have kep[t them... :) Little funny but yeah thats how I have been... But I am sure gonna try your tips and see if I can make remembering things a tad easier :) Cheers.

replica handbags said...

I use clear plastic containers to store foods to keep them fresh and organize.

ShareThis