Friday, July 25, 2008

Ta da da dum.....announcing the August Declutter Challenge



I know I've been quiet but I've been working on THIS and I'm so glad I can finally share with all of you.

Beth and I will be hosting the August Declutter Challenge for the month of August.

We are each committed to decluttering at least one thing every day and will each be writing a post showing what we've decluttered.

The idea came to me after I wrote these posts on taking pictures to honour the sentimental in you but still decluttering.

So are you in on the challenge?

Here are the "rules"

  1. The idea is to declutter at least one item a day for the entire month. If you can't commit to an entire month, then commit to at least 7 days of decluttering.
  2. Then every Friday starting 8th August everyone who’s participated for the previous 7 days writes a post on their own blog with their pictures and links that post to the Mr Linky on my blog to get their entry in. You don't have to write a post a day although you can if you want to. Just trying to make it easy for you guys.
  3. Beth is donating a Simplicity ecourse every week and I’m giving away a Household Organising File and a Christmas Planner every week. So there are 3 chances to win something clutter-free to reward you for decluttering your home.
  4. You may only link up if you've done 7 days of decluttering and written a post with the 7 items. So the more you declutter, the more chances you have to win. It’s win-win-win (less clutter) whether you win a prize or not.
  5. And then, at the end of the month, I’ll put up another Mr Linky and one person who has done 31 days of decluttering will win one of my bestselling Organise your Home ecourses. Besides of course, being crowned the Decluttering Queen :) Another declutterer will also win a $25 gift certificate from Stacks and Stacks - woohoo!

I hope I've covered everything. But please ask me questions in the comments and I'll answer them there too.

Otherwise, ARE YOU IN?

Get those cameras ready and start snapping away!

P.S. You're very welcome to grab the button and put it on your own blogs too so we can have lots of people participating!

17 comments:

HDMac said...

Ok! I am SO in!! Do you want us to post before and after pictures of ALL 7 projects or can we list what we have done and post just a couple pics? Thanks... this will be great!!!

hugs,
Marcia

Anonymous said...

Ok fine then I'm in.

Should be fun!

Marcia Francois said...

hdmac, no, we don't need before and after pics. Just a pic of the stuff decluttered every day :)

I'm happy if your one pic shows 7 items LOL :)

I've already "marked" a couple of things around here which will be going - like handbags, some shoes, clothes, books, etc.

This is going to be FUN!!!

Diane said...

I am in I need to declutter a spare bedroom and my daughters closet oh and two cupboards in the kitchen too!

Marcia Francois said...

Hi Kin and Diane

I can't wait to have you join me on the August Decluttering Challenge. Thanks for the comments.

You're welcome to take the button and put it on your sidebars to motivate you further!!!

Only 4 days to go - yayyy

Me said...

I've just started a blog to help me be a bit more organized and I'm planning to declutter too, so count me in.

Ria said...

You can count me in. I have some GREAT pictures of before and trust me, the push is on!

Ginger said...

Ok am in too.Oh my your going to see my clutter but i want in first picture be fri. this can only help me get with decluttering. well post now badge rules ect. thank you marica for posting it on yours to let me know. hugs ginger

Unknown said...

I'm in (a bit late)
Vicky

Gifts That Say Wow said...

Marcia, thank you so much for doing this challenge. I love your site, I have read many organizing tips elsewhere but was never motivated until now. I know this is a change that will last me for life.

Patricia

Anonymous said...

I would love to participate in the declutter challenge! I definatly have stuff to clean out. I am looking forward to getting rid of stuff we are not using.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I have joined in.

Although haven't gone about it in quite the same way, because I never saw this first post...

Declutter said...

Hi Marcia
It's a great idea. Clutter takes up so much time and energy and doing it slowly over a month means it's going to get done.

Speak out said...

Love some of the ideas here. I want to partake in the declutter challenge. Will keep you posted.

Auto1 said...

Just finished decluttering my home and it was great. Everything feels so clean and like it now has a place. Thanks for all the help.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

mlathus said...

I'm in! Better late than never!

ShareThis