Do you have any advice on how to handle running a home-based business when you have kids (toddlers) running around the house? How do I make calls when I have a screaming 3 year old in the background???
Yes, Ivette, I do have some advice. It all comes down to planning :)
Also, you're going to have to get really focussed ANY time you manage to work on your business.
1. Make a note of your child's routine for a few days. What time does your toddler take a nap/ eat/ play? For how long? Use these times for various business activities.
2. Use the nap time to immediately get on the phone and make all your calls. Let your incoming calls go to voicemail and tell them when you'll return their calls. And then stick to it.
3. When you need to do computer work at your desk, set up a workspace for your child in the same room that you work in. The child can colour in, draw, build puzzles or play while you do your work.
4. Can you either pay a babysitter a couple of hours a week, or get together with another WAHM and pool resources? Use the time only for KEY income-producing activities, not for "busy" work.
5. Register for my free teleclass, 3 Keys to Business Success, on Thursday 31 July at http://takechargesolutions.org, where I'll be sharing specific ways to plan and organise your week.
Any other tips for Ivette? Share in the comments.