Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Works for me Wednesday - organising my handbag

I love handbags! Honestly – my mother used to tease me about it when I lived at home because I always had my handbag with me.

But you know what happens if you buy something that doesn’t suit your lifestyle? Everything is a mess and you can’t find anything in there.


By the way, I bought this one at House of Leather in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It is a lovely versatile size and so is the colour. They also had lilac ones which were also stunning but I decided to go with this neutral colour.

So if I can, I try and choose a bag with the right amount of pockets. If you ever go into a handbag shop and you see a woman emptying all her stuff into a new handbag, that’s me ;) Because I want to make sure my diary fits nicely along with everything else .

The two bags pictured are absolutely perfect for me! I wish I had more exactly like them and I’ll tell you why now.

1. Two pockets – to separate the book stuff from the other stuff

2. The book portion has enough space for my A5 day planner, my small notebook and my business notebook (where I write my weekly business goals).

3. The other side has two little pockets. One for tissues, my little, orange calculator and a pen, and the other for my cell phone.

4. You can see my gorgeous, green wallet on the left, next to that my make-up bag and my blue pencil case.

So everything fits in beautifully.

Karen, here is the red handbag you commented on before.


But if I do use a bag with little or no pockets, then I use some see-through mesh bags (R12,99 for 3 different sizes at Sheet Street) to organise my stuff. It makes it so easy to find things and to change handbags.

This is what works for me.
Now, what does your handbag look like?
I'm tagging Suzanne, Laura, Lara, Karen, Terri from In His Hands and anyone else who wants to join in!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Miss Marcia, I was just telling one of my clients about one of my hand bags yesterday! I have an absolutely adorable one that is black with white polka dots, but it's an absolutely horror to take with me because it's too deep! I will, however, post a picture of mine up on the blog today!

Laura said...

Oh how fun! I'll see if I can get my up tonight or tomorrow. Your bags are beautiful...I have complete bag envy. Wow!!

Laura

Anonymous said...

Your bag is so organized it puts all of mine to shame. I would play along but wedding planning has got the best of me; I usually make it a point to clean out one of my handbags on a weekly basis but I haven't gotten around to that in a month or so..oops! Thanks for the reminder that I've got to ;)

Also, thank you so much for mentioning that site! I'll try to find her. Wedding planning is coming along pretty well considering the wedding is in 1 month from tomorrow (26th) Have a great rest of the week! =)

Anonymous said...

I'm new to your blog and I love it! Great tip on organzing your handbag! Mine is so unorganized!

MrsB
http://clearblogs.com/MrsB

Annie said...

I'm a purse junkie too! I change them so often. If I get one that is too small or two big I am quickly in search for the perfect bag again!

Marcia Francois said...

Annie
Woohoo – we are kindred spirits!!! Wanna post your pics then? Love the new profile pic

Rae
Just focus on the wedding!

Mrs B
You do have an excuse - your adorable CJ

Laura & Suzanne
Looking forward to it - in fact, can't wait!

Kim said...

Your bag looks so organized. I did use a bigger bag when I was working outside the home, now I don't need as much space. Laura tagged me, so mine is up now if you want to peek inside.

Overwhelmed! said...

You'll never believe this but I just posted a totally unrelated bag post, complete with pictures! :)

I do like the looks of your second bag!

Military Mommy said...

Ooh Ooh I want the red one! :)

Thanks for dropping by my blog. My purse is not always that neat. I just did a revised "confession" post to clear the air. ;)

Love, Michelle

Annie said...

I posted a pic of mine :o)

Robin Green said...

I love your bags--especially the red one--and the green wallet is great--it would go with Annie's purse! Glad I could give you a little giggle!

Family O'Foxes said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog today and reading beyond my WFMW so you could find my post on purse clutter. :)

My purse doesn't have any pockets. I always cheap buy a cheap purse at Target or Shopko. :/

Now, I have some things to think about... I'm going to click on your "wallet" link up above.

~Amy

Unknown said...

Hi there I thought you handbag lovers would be interested in what I have in my handbag - a VIP (Very Intelligent Pocket) handbag organiser - it becomes your handbag liner and it has 9 pockets of different sizes/zipped one also and a huge central part which contains the larger purses/wallets/books. I just lift my VIP out of my handbag and put it in my "night-time" evening bag. I sell them on my website - www.flydragonfly.co.uk. They come in 2 sizes and some fabulous colours. Happy Handbags! Sara

Unknown said...

Take a look at the VIP - a great new invention by designer Tintamar of France... http://www.flydragonfly.co.uk/show_detail.php?ID=12&BAG=116

replica purses said...

Your handbag looks nice. Very classy and elegant. I love it!

fabric handbags said...

Yeah. Looks really nice. Love the color!

michealtang said...

Thanks a lot. GOOD
replica handbags

Louis Vuitton handbags said...

I just realized that squared or structured bags make it easier to organize the things inside than having a hobo because of its shape.

flo Lewis said...

Ive also seen them at hunki-dori.com, these handbag organisers are excellent.

handbag organisers said...

I am very organised, especially my bag as I hate searching for things when I am in a hurry!!
I use a handbag Organiser which is a clever idea, an insert which I can take out and insert in to another bag with all my content!
see how it works @ http://www.hunki-dori.com/

ShareThis