Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tackle-it Tuesday - Business Binder

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

This week I tackled something that has been nagging at me for a while.

And because my part of the organising challenge is done (and I am not allowed to touch the hubby clutter), I’ve been “working alongside him” but doing my own stuff. So I’ve been on a real decluttering binge and throwing away papers, seeing how I can have more effective systems, and so on.

For my tackle, I decided to make a business binder. (This was inspired by Kim - scroll down to 19 March). I had quite a few files and flipfiles and now I’ve compressed all of those into this one file folder. I can’t really post any before pics because I brought things from all over.

I’m not really a paper girl – almost everything that I would classify as reference is on computer/ flash drive. But I do like writing lists on paper with a lovely thick gel pen. There is something so satisfying about ticking things off, isn’t there?

So back to the binder – right in front, I have a master list (all of that is just from one 5-minute session) and then my goals (of course) and a monthly planner.

After that are my individual categories, like computer work, projects, marketing, website and so on.
I like this idea because I’m quite ruthless with paper, and everything must fit in here or else a huge declutter is due. I will NOT move to a bigger file or a second one! I do the same with my household filing so when it starts filling up, I grab the file and weed through it in front of the TV.



Go visit 5 minutes for mom for more great tackles.

8 comments:

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Great job! You've given me something to think about.

Jennifer said...

Great idea! I have a household binder, but haven't thought about doing a business one. Maybe I should, and then I might be a bit more productive. Thanks for the inspiration and great job!

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Great job! I know what you mean having binders for all my different things is so helpful. Good job.

Thanks for stopping by to visit. Hope to see you again

Angel ( Angel Mama's Pearls of Wisdom)

By the grace of God ... said...

You are actually in my Google Reader too! You were the first. "I can't imagine why? LOL!" You have great ideas/tips for organizing and I soak it all in! Thanks much!

Lauren said...

Ooh, good ideas. I will have to come pick your brain when I am ready to tackle my home management binder. I have my master "do" list in it, with some things crossed off... that's about it.

Anonymous said...

I didn't do my tackle! And I don't care! lol Thanks for calling in.

Clare

Unknown said...

I congratulate you on your organizational skills! :-)

Kim said...

You did a great job on your business binder. I love to see other people's projects!

ShareThis