Monday, April 02, 2007

Menu Plan Monday - 2 April 2007


Last week, we only ate according to my menu plan 3 times.

On Thursday, Dion decided to go to a movie straight after work and I didn’t want to “waste a meal” so I had some soup and a roll. And then on Friday, we decided to go out for supper. My first thought when he mentioned this to me was “but what about my menu plan”. So then I realised that I’m being too inflexible (you think?!) so I gave in.

This is a short week because of the Easter Weekend – yay!!! AND we’re also eating out of the freezer so that I can shop for more meat next weekend. Okay, I’m going to shock you here but the last time I went shopping for meat was 10 Feb so it will be two whole months. And I only spent R96 (divide by 7.5 to get the amount in US dollars).

Monday
Chicken ravioli with tomato, mushroom & spinach sauce
I decided to do a really quick meal because this is the night of my hip-hop class.

Tuesday
Stirfried kidney beans, veggies and rice/ pasta (we have one portion of each in the freezer).
This is a nice vegetarian meal that is full of low fat protein.

Wednesday
Homemade vegetable & lentil soup, with garlic rolls

Thursday
Chicken lasagne - didn't have on last week's menu (still in my freezer)

For more menu plan Monday participants, go on over to Laura's blog.
And have a wonderful Easter if I don't see you on the blogs before then!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your menu's are teasing me! I'm still dieting and haven't had butter, salt, cream etc for what seems like *years* I love spinach and must get some this week...

Annie said...

Good morning Marcia!
Your menu looks great!
Easter Blessings~
♥ Annie
My Life as Annie!

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Great menu, as always! The soup recipe--YUM!
Have a blessed week, Marcia!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

Mmmm...chicken lasgana! Yummy!!!

Jennifer said...

MMmmmm...I love chicken lasagna...unfortunately I'm the only one. :( Have a great week and Happy Easter!

Robin Green said...

Ooh, chicken ravioli sounds very tasty! Have a good week.

Marcia Francois said...

Misslionheart - I'm also watching my weight. I don't cook with oil except for stirfry (1 tablespoon for me and that's it) and I weigh my food.

Jennag - it was very tasty ;)


Thanks for visiting, everyone!

Jennifer said...

Marcia - I came back to answer your question about brats. I was laughing! It is short for bratwurst. There are many different varieties, technically mine are italian sausages (but brats covers them all) and we serve them on hotdog buns with sauteed onions - yum!
Thanks for your kind comments about my work, it always does a girl good to hear nice things. And I'm sure whatever you decide to do will turn out beautiful!!!

ShareThis