Monday, July 14, 2008

Menu plan Monday 14 July and more Scotland pics!

I'm trying to sneak in a few pictures that are even REMOTELY connected to food every week on my MPM post. Did you notice? :)

This is real, authentic, Scottish shortbread that Suzanne ordered at a coffee shop in Loch Lomond, near Stirling in Scotland. I had to take a pic because it was so pretty. Can you see the dusting of icing sugar on the top? She said it tasted as good as it looked (I didn't have a piece because I was saving myself for some cake).



Marcia, Gavin (the 2nd Scottish Gavin we met), Suzanne.

Dion says we girls were flirting with him but I am quick to correct him and say, "hello! that was Suzanne!" :) The coffee shop was conveniently empty when we arrived so he spent a good 30 - 45 minutes just chatting to us - lovely to hear the Scottish accent.

Last week's talk
I can't even believe it was just a week ago when I was speaking to those ladies and amazingly, there were a couple of men there too.

The setting was GORGEOUS (Mangwanani Spa at the Indaba Hotel) and the groups were nice and interactive, just like I like it. Lots of questions which means they were listening :)

And they ALL signed up to my newsletter afterwards :)


Last week I am so glad I ate well on the Monday because that is all I ate the entire week until I got home from the hospital. Dion ate ready meals so he was constantly hungry - I keep telling him those things don't fill you and are expensive to boot, so he finally gets what I've been saying :)


So this week...


Monday
Honey and mustard chicken with brown rice. The chicken's cooked with carrots and onions so that's the veg.

Tuesday
Dion's night

Wednesday
Dion to movies, Marcia - chicken biryani from freezer

Thursday
The curry, rice and pumpkin from the freezer. It's been there for 3 weeks now :)

Friday
Out to supper at our friends' house

It's the last few days to register for the Virtual Organising Seminar happening this Thursday. Check it out now.


Visit Laura for more menus and have a WONDERFUL week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending healing prayers your way.

Yummy menu.

Hope your week is blessed.

Unknown said...

Me???? Flirting? No!!! :) I would NEVER do anything like that! he he he

Although seeing my delicious little cookie is making my taste buds dance and salivate for more! Along with the ham cheesy sandwich that Dion and I were drooling over. Mmmmmmmmm, yummy!!!

ShareThis