Friday, December 19, 2008

Mmmm, can you smell the lovely smell of paper. But out they must!

Entries are still open for the messy, disorganised office competition. Don't be shy - I want to help you :)


Books can be really, really hard to declutter, especially if you're a book lover like I am.

I've shared before about my book organising system but basically here's how it goes:

I only keep books that are 8, 9 or 10 out of 10 on my rating scale. I don't keep all of them but those I do have are either an 8, 9 or 10.

This week I decluttered these three books...to the secondhand bookstore. (If you're in Johannesburg, I like Bookdealers or Books Galore)

I usually take the credit they give me rather than the cash and when I run out of books from the library (when they just don't have any good ones), I'll use my credits for some secondhand books, like these.


Here are some more posts on decluttering and organising books - enjoy :)

Organising library books
Decluttering piles and piles of books

expectations
This week I've been feeling really lazy so I "broke loose" and didn't do a thing in my business except lead a call for my Gold VIP Inner Circle and get out my organising tips newsletter, so I suppose you can say I decluttered some of my own high-achieving expectations.

This might seem like nothing to some of you but it's huge for me to do nothing :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for this week's challenge

Please link to the post on your blog where you show off your pictures or talk about what you decluttered this week. If you don't have a blog, tell me in the comments about
ANYTHING you decluttered this week.

It can be anything - physical, electronic, mental clutter or even the need to be a certain way. Like perfectionism! :)

What did you declutter this week?

P.S. I've been thinking about doing this challenge a little differently next year. How about we have a specific area every week? It will be something small and manageable....what do you think?

3 comments:

Megan Spears said...

Well, I have had a lot of time to be home this week... snow and all, so I decided to clean out my laundry room cabinets. I went in there looking for some candles (make the room warmer and all) and was not happy with the way things were situated. So, I took everything out, resorted and put away. Much happier now, and all the candles are accessible.

Happy Camper!

Me said...

I read your posts that you linked to and I was shocked that you can only take out 6 books at a time. We wouldn't know how to manage with only 6. Right now I have 21 out (quite a few cookbooks at the moment) and my son has 11 (which include cds). As far as I know we can borrow an unlimited amount.

Unknown said...

That's a good idea - recycling your books.
We usually donate them to the local public library, Boys and Girls Club or Goodwill.

ShareThis