Friday, December 05, 2008

Donation boxes, dedicated spaces and decluttering


Please encourage all your blog friends to join us in decluttering and choosing to live a simpler life by using the button on your sidebar. Christmas is less than 3 weeks away and you need to start taking action so that you don't just fill up all the spaces you've already decluttered.

Ideas for clutter-free giving

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week I was so eager to declutter that I forgot to take before pictures but I am showing you the tidy after space. This is our dedicated space for things we have to return to other people.


I had some dishes I had to return to a friend right there for nearly 3 months (!) as well as a surprise gift for her husband. I came second in a competition at work for doing a presentation and won a really beautiful barbeque set.

Well, Dion and I don't braai (South African word for barbeque) so this set was totally wasted on us and instead of just shoving it in the back of a cupboard, I thought, "who loves to braai?" and the answer was our friend, so I decided to give it to him.

Then I wanted to show you our donation box. We put anything we want to donate in this box, our cleaning lady sees if anything takes her fancy and I put the rest outside my gate. Remember in South Africa, things won't be there for very long, which is very useful.


There are some corporate gifts in there, an old poster and some dip (for chips/ crisps) that we're just not getting around to eating.

What did you declutter this week?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please link to the post on your blog where you show off your pictures or talk about the declutter. Or if you don't have a blog, tell me in the comments about ANYTHING you decluttered this week.

It can be anything - physical, electronic, mental clutter or even the need to be a certain way. Like perfectionism! :)

What did you declutter this week?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I actually went through a pile of paperwork, shredded and filed them away. My desk looks much better.

Me said...

I'm still trying to declutter but it isn't so fun anymore!

Trish said...

I managed to clear out a bit here and there, but nothing to boast about this week; will do some more this weekend!

Marcia Francois said...

Anything is something to celebrate, guys.

I'm proud of you for decluttering, especially when it's hard and not so fun :)

ShareThis