Thursday, October 09, 2008

Decluttering and organising your vitamins


Is it just me or does your kitchen counter also sometimes look like a pharmacy?

One day the vitamins are all organised. Then someone gets the flu, and someone else has to take other medication and before you know it, one little basket has grown to two.

So I took out all the stuff, packed everything neatly in the green basket shown above. And then I made this pile...

The pile on the left has to go back to the bathroom where I keep the main supply and the three tubs on the right get thrown away because they've expired.


And all of that took about 2 minutes, while I was waiting for the kettle to boil for my tea.

What do you do while you're waiting for the kettle to boil?

3 comments:

Lindsay Spencer said...

Get on here and see if you've decided to come organize for me. LOL!! I do any dishes in the sink or put the dishes in the dishwasher away. Or I really do go sit down and get online.

HDMac said...

Well, I have a water filter system dispencer so I don't have to wait for water to boil! BUT, I did this when I was decluttering last month and I forgot to blog about that one! LOL... We keep our meds and vitamins on one shelf in the kitchen.Our med bottles are in one storage container and our vitamins/aspirin are in another. Then for DH I put his meds weekly in morning and evening pill boxes so he can easily take them. When I did declutter the vitamins, I was surprised at what I did have that had expired. Out it went and now I am doing a once a month sweep of that cupboard shelf just to keep it up to date. :)

Tabitha Blue said...

I hear ya! Our vitamin cabinet is in the kitchen, and medicines are in the bathroom vanity... they so easily mix. Plus we have so many vitamins! I need to get back in there and organize again... we only use what's showing in the front of the cabinet. Great post.

ShareThis