Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday Declutter Challenge - email!


Today we're decluttering email.

I'm going to give you just one tip today - make decisions. Don't just read your email and close it again without making a decision as to what to do.

Here are some previous posts that deal with email:

This week, your challenge is to

  1. find out your email comfort number
  2. declutter your inbox until you're there
  3. build in daily maintenance time to keep to that number

Share in the comments how many you decluttered!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next week (27th) we're decluttering documents & computer folders

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If your email is out of control, Conquer your email will get your email organised and under control. Someone went from about 3000 mails to less than 100 in just days.

This is a comprehensive handout plus an hour-long audio. I teach you every single secret and tip that I use to help me manage my email in only 15 minutes a day.

3 comments:

MJ said...

so i've been avoiding the declutter challenge this month because.....im not prepared to take it!! but today i logged in into my email accounts and just did it!!
i have two main email accounts..i had more than 600 emails on each inbox.. some even from 2005!!
so, the emails i wanted to save were because they had essays, photos, passwords, or pictures.. so i made 4 folders to save those and deleted the rest. I ended up with 1 email in one inbox and 5 in the other one!!!

Me said...

I've slowed down. Only 21 emails decluttered.

Marcia Francois said...

MJ, well done! WOW - I'm so proud of you going from 1200 to just 5 :)

Shirley, 21 is better than nothing :) You deserve a break now and again, most faithful declutterer LOL

ShareThis