Monday, March 30, 2009

Where do you store your memories?

This is a picture of my memory box.

It's slightly bigger than A4 (printer paper size). I have an A4 folder in there with my goals from every year since 1998 (nerdy, I know, but that's me!), which is when I started setting goals properly.

I have some birthday, Christmas, and anniversary cards, notes from people, etc. in there. Of course I don't keep everything and when the box starts getting too full, I go through it and see what I can let go of.

This works for me because I'm restricting my memories to a container and creating a physical boundary.

How do you store your memories?

6 comments:

Janet Barclay said...

I also have a box for my memories (which I call my treasure box)and get rid of a few things when it gets too full. However, mind looks more like this. It includes a couple of favourite toys and other keepsakes from my childhood as well as smaller items.

AdriansCrazyLife said...

Yes, I use those for my pictures and I have about six of them crammed totally full. Plus I have a cedar chest and large Rubbermaid tote for the larger things.

I also have a few other things lying about, like my late mother's purse, my Dad's golf clubs and her things from the nursing home. Just can't bear to part with them, so I set aside a shelf in my storage room for them.

I'm pretty sentimental, but I'm willing to declutter other things so I have extra room for these things that are important to me.

Marcia Francois said...

Adrian, I love that you let go of some things so you can keep others! That’s exactly it.


Janet, I love those tubs. Strangely enough, I’m using those to organise the babies’ clothes (when we eventually get some LOL)

Kristin - The Goat said...

Oh goodness, I would love to get it down to one box or two. I have a few little boxes, a large box or four, and other assorted items.

I'm always inspired by your posts though - so that's good!

Megan Spears said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto! I am at a crossroads though... my box is full and I haven't been keeping as many things because the box is full. Do I get a new box or reduce the first one?

Marcia Francois said...

Megan, reduce - go through and see if you still feel passionately connected to those things. Or take pictures :)

ShareThis