Diane asked me this:
Marcia how do you go about organizing your emails??????? I am working on this but don't know where to start or what type of files to make?
If you really want to get total control, I suggest my Conquer your Email MP3 and handbook combo. After that particular teleseminar, participants went from THOUSANDS of emails to just a few, and they were organised!
In a nutshell, I can say that I:
- Prevent junk from coming into my inbox in the first place by getting off lists that I no longer enjoy. It takes just a few seconds but is worth the time going forward.
- Declutter often and ruthlessly - my goal is 50 a day
- Reduce the number of folders. Don't over-organise. I like to be organised just enough!
- Reply immediately if I can answer within 2 minutes.
- Schedule regular time to process longer emails.
People call me the Email Ninja because I do in 15 minutes what takes others 2 - 3 hours a day, so this definitely works for me
What other tips do you have to organise your email?
If you're a small business owner, I'd like to also encourage you to sign up for more organising and time management tips at my website