Monday, November 24, 2008

Favourite organising tools #13 - the best 89p I ever spent


I haven’t done one of these favourite organising tools posts for a looong time.

And every time I use this particular tool (every single day of my life) I think, “I really should post this” so I finally got my act together.

You all know how much I love plastic envelopes. Here in South Africa, I’ve only ever seen the bigger ones (A4 – for my overseas readers, that’s the size of printer paper) so imagine my delight when I found A5 ones (half the size of A4) on our visit to the UK in May.


If you’re interested, I got this one at Tesco’s for the grand sum of 89p ;) My cost per use is already less than a penny!

Why I love it

  • The PERFECT size for carrying in your handbag or in your hand
  • Nothing falls out
  • I can see the contents because it’s transparent
  • Pretty pink colour always helps
I always have stuff with me to read, to work on (business planning), blog notes, etc and I keep all that stuff in here because I like things contained.

Do you use these plastic folders? What do you use them for?

P.S. This one is called Snopake Polyfile A5

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do! I got them on clearance for 10 cents each, and I keep coupons in them. :)

Dixie said...

First the spiral notebook on my desk and now the plastic folders! I may be more organized that I thought! I have a plastic folder that's like a little expandable folder, with 5 divided pockets but it's only slightly larger than a checkbook style wallet. I've got the pockets labeled: cash for grocery, cash to blow, business receipts, coupons, shopping lists. It's a great little organizer, and I can always see if I've got cash and coupons without opening! I got it for $1 US at Target a couple of years ago. (bought one for each daughter too!)

karmstr112 said...

Clear/solid, I don't care. I love the half size plastic holders. I've used them for my bills for years. I've recently started using one to hold my petty cash & receipts in my purse. No more lost reciepts. No more change rattling around at the bottom of my purse. Ain't life grand?

Trish said...

I love these plastic folders, too! Right now I have one for each of my family members and am using them to keep important papers in (photos, selected school work, saved art work).

Megan Spears said...

Clear and Contained... two words that I love when describing an organizing tool!

Great post!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I use them all the time. I teach stamping classes, so when I am going out to do a workshop, I pre-cut all the cardstock and put each project in it's own envelope. Then I put all the stamps, ink pads, and other accessories in a grocery sack and slip in the envelope. It keeps each project separate and organized and keeps my cardstock from getting bent.

ShareThis