As promised, here are some pictures of my desk at work. Looking at the pictures it actually looks a lot more cluttered than it feels...
Anyway, some things I want to point out to you:
- the wall of inspiration on the right under my name (pictures of my hubby, inspirational quotes, scriptures from the Bible, pictures of friends and some SARK cards - my favourite is "you are a delicious, succulent human bean", which fits into my Big, Juicy goals theme)
- my glass of water
- my office control journal (in that vertical organiser)
- minimal paper - only have 3 files and I'm actually cheating because one of them contains my performance appraisals, certificates, etc.
Now let's look at my desk head-on:
- computer with picture of Wicklow, Ireland as a screensaver
- in the top left corner, I have my "only four things to do with paper and email" from Help! I need more time
- radio and mirror (essentials!)
- to the left of the computer, my "things to do today" papers
- right in front of the keyboard, my master to-do list of all my projects and where they're all at, on top of the notebook where I write my 6 (or less) Eat the Frog items every day, and other assorted notes
For the most part, the desk works for me (although that vertical organiser is taking up too much space - I think I'll "release" it) because it's empty of stuff while still being inspiring to me. I can't work in a cold work space so I like to be surrounded by things that are "me".
If you have any questions about some things in the pics or how I do certain things, put them in the comments so everyone else can also benefit when I answer them. Thanks.
Now for the fun part, show me your desk (please link to a post with a pic of your desk, not to your entire blog)