It's been rainy and cold in Johannesburg since Friday. Normally I love cold, dismal weather (seriously, I'm not being sarcastic) but not when the power's out. Because it means I can't have tea!
Yesterday, a vast section of the city had no power. We were unfortunate to be part of the affected area. It lasted nearly an entire day - went off yesterday 9:25 and only came on around 3 or 4am this morning.
Can you believe my laundry was about 5 - 10 minutes from done when the power went out? Very annoying.
So what did we do?
Well, my cleaning lady was here so she did everything she could without electricity (no ironing or vacuuming) and so did I.
- packed lunches and breakfasts for the week
- went out for lunch and supper & enjoyed lovely, long conversations with Dion
- bought a Rod Stewart CD (and a Ricky Martin one) and picked up my tickets for the concert
- read, read and read some more
- went to church
- completed my tax return (South Africans, the deadline for manual submissions is 21 Nov)
- did some goals planning for next year
- finally registered to vote after 3 text messages reminding me to do so
- analysed a survey I did recently for my mailing list
- made lots of phone calls to catch up with friends
On the bright side, I am super focussed so am flying through my computer stuff :)
P.S. Get ready for the show me your desk challenge on Wednesday. Mr Linky will be up at 8am SA time (1am EST)