Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Pregnancy update #2 - 28 weeks

Okay, okay, you guys convinced me - you are interested in the bump behind the blog :)

I had a bit of a scare two weeks ago and was put on bed rest for that week. Fortunately I was organised and had about 18 meals in the freezer so all Dion had to do for us was defrost and we could eat.

We got in a handyman to do 7 small jobs around the house - I thoroughly recommend getting things like this done regularly. It is a huge relief to have things taken care of and off that to-do list. We actually keep an "Eric list" (his name is Eric :)) and when we have a couple of items, we call him out and get him to do the work.

We've ordered the cots which should arrive in about two weeks' time. We've also decided on the pram we want (do you call it a pram or a stroller where you live?) as well as the car seats.

And last but not least, I have a baby shower coming up on 20 June! I'm a bit freaked out by it because I usually don't like girly things like baby showers and this one is for me. If you're so inclined, please pray for me!

And now for the latest belly pics...

25 weeks

26 weeks

27 weeks

post signature

7 comments:

Nikki said...

You look great!! :) simply gorgeous

se7en said...

Hay you all!!! I am so thrilled to hear about you and your babies! I really feel for you and the baby shower - just the sort of thing I totally dread... Anyway sounds like you won't be needing frozen meals from anyone anytime soon - you sure are settling in for the siege. Good on you, you can never ever be too prepared for these little ones!!!

Marci @OvercomingBusy said...

Great pictures!! I usually hate baby showers too, but there is something about having one for your own babies. You start to picture how your babies are going to look in that new outfit or how your baby is going to love that cute toy. It makes it all so real. Try to enjoy it, but I'll pray just in case :)

Laura said...

Beautiful!!

Marcia Francois said...

Thanks everybody, you know how to make me feel good about The Bump :)

Thanks, Marci, that sounds like great advice. And since these are the only babies I’ll have (probably), I’d better enjoy it!

HDMac said...

You are looking as beautiful as ever! Bless your heart!!!! Praying for you, friend!!!! :) :) :)

Kristin - The Goat said...

I love the pregnancy photos. Maybe it's because I won't ever look that way lol or maybe it's because it's such a miracle. Either way, thanks so much for sharing this part of your life.

ShareThis