Don't forget - for two days only, get the financial e-course for just $21,60 (20% off) when you use coupon code money - offer expires Sat 25th 12pm EST
Do you have a bill-paying centre?
The point it that you have some place to keep all the things you'll need like:
- The actual invoices
- Red pen (or is it just me who loves a nice, thick gel pen for writing PAID)
Everybody in your home should know where this is so that you don't have to hunt all over the place to find the bills when it's time to pay.
My suggestion is this:
- when the mail arrives, sort into different types of piles
- take the bills and circle the DUE date (see why I like the red gel pen?)
- based on your method of payment, either use Outlook or your paper calendar to diarise/ schedule to pay them
- I use internet banking or direct debit order so I never leave more than two days prior to the due date to attend to them.
- now put them in your bill-paying centre so they're ready for you. Do this in chronological order so whenever you look at the pile, the most urgent one is always on top.
excuse the blurry pic
- Declutter anything that doesn't belong
- Dedicate a place for your bill-paying centre
- Organise it with everything you need
- Relax and have a nice cup of tea or coffee for being responsible :)
For two days only, get the financial e-course for just $21,60 (20% off) when you use coupon code money - offer expires Sat 25th 12pm ESTHave you taken the financial check-up quiz yet? You'll find it about halfway down on this information page: 10 steps to YOUR financial freedom