Friday, January 30, 2009

Let's get baking and cooking


We've been decluttering and organising in our KITCHENS this entire month and this week, we're decluttering our baking pans and cooking stuff.

If you missed out, here are the posts.

  1. Tupperware and plastics
  2. Mugs and glasses
  3. Plates and bowls
  4. Cutlery and utensils

(if you don't want to post on the theme, go right ahead and post on whatever you felt like decluttering, or other wise, just show us how you store your baking and cooking things :)

I've posted before about how I learned this tip from one of my organising clients. I worked with her nearly two years ago and my stuff is still neatly organised.



And this is how I store the rest - rolling pin on the side, mixing bowls at the back (I have one I use 90% of the time with my other plastic bowls), measuring cups and spoons in the left basket and the hand beater in the yellow basket on the right.

The more observant among you will see that the usual beater attachments are currently in the wash because I made these pumpkin muffins :)


Now tell me, did you declutter anything today?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have a look at the Organise your Home e-course and get your entire home organised in just 12 weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now for this week's challenge

Please link to the post on your blog where you show off your pictures and talk about what you decluttered. If you don't have a blog, tell me in the comments about
ANYTHING you decluttered this week.

It can be anything - physical, electronic, mental clutter or even the need to be a certain way. Like perfectionism! :)

What did you declutter this week?

5 comments:

Merry said...

I just found your blog and it's terrific! This week I've been working on my daughter's room. It's a challenge working together, I want to throw out everything and she wants to keep everything! But we're slowly making progess. Today I took 5 grocery shopping bags of books (hers and mine) to the give-away-take-away part of the town dump. And I didn't take anything away, either.

Forgetfulone said...

The cutlery drives me crazy! It disappears. Since I moved in with my husband (we got married in 2005 - second marriage for both of us), so much of MY silverware has been "lost" into the black hole with all those socks that never come out of the dryer. His daughters take spoons and forks to their rooms, to the car, wherever they want, and don't return them. I'm sure when we move the beds someday, there will be a couple of 5-piece place settings hiding there.

Forgetfulone said...

The cutlery drives me crazy! It disappears. Since I moved in with my husband (we got married in 2005 - second marriage for both of us), so much of MY silverware has been "lost" into the black hole with all those socks that never come out of the dryer. His daughters take spoons and forks to their rooms, to the car, wherever they want, and don't return them. I'm sure when we move the beds someday, there will be a couple of 5-piece place settings hiding there.

Jodz said...

Hi, I am still following your De-clutter challenge. I have decluttered my baking stuff but unfortunately my camera and computer are not communicating at the moment so I can't upload photos. But let me tell you, that I had to make room in my kitchen cupboards for my scrapbooking stuff, and I managed to. Yey! Thank you for challenging me :)

Jackie B. said...

I am keeping up now. I did all three drawers containing silverware/utensils in my kitchen. I got rid of nine items total and they look fantastic! I also cleared off the kitchen bar/counter. It looks so good! Too bad I do not have a picture to share.

ShareThis