Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Favourite organising tool #14 - mesh bags

These two mesh bags have a very important job in my life.

They help to keep my handbag organised. One has my makeup and the other has the medication I'm taking at the moment and my sweetener.


The pink one came in a set of three (for only R12,99 [$1,30] at Sheet Street - I know, crazy!) and I use the biggest of those to keep all my smaller bits and pieces organised when the handbag I'm using is just one big open cavern.

I can't STAND scratching around looking for things. So all I have to do is haul the mesh bag out, get my wallet or car keys, and I'm good to go.

Why do I like these mesh bags to organise?

  • I can categorise
  • When I'm transferring items between handbags, I can quickly decide if I need it with me or not
  • It's see-through and I have a sincere love for any clear storage tools

Do you use smaller bags to organise your handbag? What other uses can you think of for mesh bags?


Check out the other favourite organising tools posts here

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I mostly don't use smaller bags within my purse, mostly though because I try to use a compact purse, so there just isn't room. Though I do keep my camera in a small camera case and my ipod nano in a small bag with the earbuds within my purse so they don't get scratched or tangled. I do use jewelery size ziplocks in my purse for things like medication or really small stuff that might get lost. If I had a larger purse or handbag, I probably would use more bags within the bag...especially if I changed purses often! I know when I was in school and carried a backpack daily, I'd have a few cases such as your mesh bags in this entry for making it easy to transfer essentials between my purse and backpack, but these days I don't carry a backpack much so I just try to stick with one purse and that keeps things simpler.

Jessica said...

I mostly don't use smaller bags within my purse, mostly though because I try to use a compact purse, so there just isn't room. Though I do keep my camera in a small camera case and my ipod nano in a small bag with the earbuds within my purse so they don't get scratched or tangled. I do use jewelery size ziplocks in my purse for things like medication or really small stuff that might get lost. If I had a larger purse or handbag, I probably would use more bags within the bag...especially if I changed purses often! I know when I was in school and carried a backpack daily, I'd have a few cases such as your mesh bags in this entry for making it easy to transfer essentials between my purse and backpack, but these days I don't carry a backpack much so I just try to stick with one purse and that keeps things simpler.

Anonymous said...

I’ve had the mesh and my stuff tends to leak, or blush somehow manages to get thru. I love the clear vinyl bags the best, but only have a few sizes for now…thinking if anything I got for Christmas came in a clear bag…I’ll figure something out, and share photos when I do.

Diane said...

what do I use mesh bags for oh this one I love to store socks. My daughter puts all her socks into a mesh bag and then I can wash them that and give them back to her. No sock sorting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yvonne said...

I had been looking for something to help organize my purse and by trial and error, have bought a few different ones. I have settled on the one that suits me the best (it was the third try) that has pockets (love them!) inside and outside of a small pouch that fits everything so that when I change purses, I just lift the pouch out and a couple of other item and that's it. I may get the midsized one next for my larger purses.

Anonymous said...

i have never tried this, but i heard you can wash your dainties (especially bras) in mesh bags along with your regular wash in the washing machine. then they don't get streched.

well, other than stretching from wearing them in january after the christmas holidays...

ShareThis