Saturday, January 10, 2009

Friday Decluttering...a day late!

Oh my word. Do you know what no internet does to me???? Makes me crazy.

We've been on holiday for the last week and thank God I delegated email to my virtual assistant just in case because there was absolutely NO SIGNAL up there.

There was one shopping centre with free wifi but after waiting for 20 minutes in the HEAT for the guy to show me how to connect to it (my laptop wasn't showing that little icon and I'm a technophobe as you know), I left, still not knowing, because he was still busy with a customer. Grrr!

Of course that means I couldn't blog yesterday so here we go, a day late :)


Remember we're decluttering and organising in our KITCHENS this month and this week, we're decluttering mugs and glasses.

This is your challenge to throw out any chipped or surplus mugs or glasses that you can't use anywhere else.

(if you don't want to post on the theme, go right ahead and post on whatever you felt like decluttering, or just show us how you store your mugs and glasses :)

Since I wasn't home, I'll show you some boxy t-shirts I unearthed and decluttered before our holiday.

Why do we think that unflattering clothes will hide our unsightly bits?!



Now tell me, did you declutter any mugs or glasses?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have a look at the Organise your Home e-course and get your entire home organised in just 12 weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now for this week's challenge

Please link to the post on your blog where you show off your pictures and talk about what you decluttered. If you don't have a blog, tell me in the comments about
ANYTHING you decluttered this week.

It can be anything - physical, electronic, mental clutter or even the need to be a certain way. Like perfectionism! :)

What did you declutter this week?

7 comments:

geove said...

Hi Marcia, welcome back. I have decluttered a lot yesterday and unfortunately I didn't took some pics of the item I decluttered however I took some photos of my new workspace and my updated desk. :)

Yvonne said...

Hi Marcia,

Hope you had a great holiday!

I decluttered a dozen folders out of my desk drawer. Even though you can't see the progress, it did clear enough space for me to dump some of the piles I had on my desk into the free space to await my going through.

And yes, I took more than the 15 minutes! LOL!!

Trish said...

this week I cleaned out my linen cupboard and also organised my Christmas stuffs, though I didn't really get a picture of the latter.

Anonymous said...

This week I have decluttered a lot of paperwork (which takes over my life!!) and, I have started sorting out mugs and glasses, to decide which to keep and which should go to a charity shop, as I have way too many.

Marcia Francois said...

Ella
Thanks and well done on your desk organising.

Yvonne
Aside from the extreme heat, we had a lovely holiday :)

I think we should do the office next month, don't you?

Trish
You've been busy as usual! Well done on reducing all that stuff to just a few boxes of Christmas goodies.

Chaotic Kitten
Welcome and thanks for joining the Declutter Challenge.

Well done on doing the mugs and glasses :) and of course on all the paperwork.

Anonymous said...

7 mugs and 4 glasses are ready to go to the charity shop! Thanks for the idea :)

Jackie B. said...

I am a little behind on email and decluttering so far and the year just started. I am trying to follow along with your decluttering plan. This week I cleaned out the tupperware cabinet. I did not throw away too much ( half a dozen lids and 2 bowls w/o lids) but I did get all lids and bowls matched up and neatly organized. I am now gonna work on getting the glasses/mugs done sometime before the weekend is over.

ShareThis