Monday, December 07, 2009

Help! I need your best DROP cookie (biscuit) recipes

The baking for Christmas has started in earnest.

But I only have one good recipe for drop cookies (we call them biscuits) and I need your help.

I don't want to just google "drop cookies" as I want recipes that people have actually tried and tested. And loved to eat!

Like my oatmeal cookies, the easiest things in the world to make.

Why drop cookies?

I don't do the "normal" ones, the ones where you roll the dough in flour and cut out with shapes - far, far too much work and way too messy!

Unfortunately I'm not in the least bit crafty so this is how they'll be presented to people.

Please share your favourite recipes for drop cookies with me.

post signature

P.S. So far two of those huge formula tins filled with biscuits have been handed out; I have another two wrapped and ready on my launch pad to go next.

4 comments:

AT said...

Cinnamon Cranberry Snow Cookies

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* pinch of salt
* 3/4 cup butter, softened [IIRC 3/4 of a UK packet - I have proper cup measures now, but still had to look that up because - it's a stupid measuring system for butter, OK?]
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla [ish - might have been a bit more]
* 2 to 2.5 cups cinnamon cranberries (they sell these at my local health food shop around Christmas, but a diy version would be dried cranberries tossed in a mix of demerara sugar sugar and ground cinammon - maybe 2 tablespoons to one teaspoon?)

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Dump the flour, baking powder and salt on top, and stir in. Add the cranberries.

3.Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto lined, ungreased baking trays.

4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven.

Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 35 good size cookies.

Rachel said...

One of the easiest and fastest drop cookies ever ... cake mix cookies. One of my favorite blogs had it the other day - http://www.flipflopsandapplesauce.com/2009/11/chocolatey-cake-mix-cookies.html

I've been doing these for a long time and you can use any flavor cake mix and mix in a variety of extra's. Crush pepermint into a white cake mix with chocolate chips. Use MnMs, or nuts.

They taste like you spent a fortune and had hours of work in the kitchen.

Suzan Baker said...

I think you have a good one here and you can tweak it.
airport parking comparison Gatwick
airport parking Gatwick

Patricia Carter said...

I would like yours if you have any. I do not have any special ones of my own.
denver nuggets tickets online
buy denver nuggets tickets

ShareThis