I read an absolutely fabulous post over at Beth's place the other day called The Christmas Police.
What a great reminder to simplify!
If you're feeling overwhelmed with all there is to do, STOP.
- You don't have to buy more gifts.
- You don't have to do more baking
- You don't have to send out Christmas cards even if you've received some.
- You don't have to decorate your house to match your neighbours' houses.
- You don't have to put up another tree.
- You don't have to go to that party you don't want to go to.
After the initial bout of slight panic, it's strangely freeing to go against the grain!
Give yourself permission to STOP and enjoy what you have done (even if it's nothing). Nobody enjoys being around frazzled people, especially at this time of year.
Which is exactly why I'm avoiding the malls in Johannesburg... although I decided on the red daily planner and wouldn't you know? They only had ONE left when I went last week so I snapped it up!
What do you need to give yourself permission to stop doing?
P.S. Mine is in the comments :)