It must be hard to juggle your work and your babies?
How do you do it? :-)
Leanne from Joburg
I wrote about balancing work, life and family before...
I thank God every day that I'm organised so I can save lots of time in a myriad of different ways.
I honestly don't know how people do this mothering thing (especially of multiples) if they're not organised :) I would go nuts.
- I have lots of systems so that things that have to get done like cooking and cleaning get done with the least amount of fuss.
- I also always cook double and when I'm in the mood and have an extra bit of time, I'll cook even more and freeze all the extra meals. At the time of writing I have 10 extra meals in my freezer (that's enough for two weeks) and on my to-do list today is to cook another two meals as I have the nanny here.
- I'm fortunate that I have a wonderful boss who's allowed me a more flexible working day now that the babies are here. However that means when I'm at work, I'm totally there. No faffing around; I get to it and get my work done.
- I've pared down my business considerably. When I'm at home and working on a newsletter, I set myself a time goal, focus and get it done.
- I always assume that a baby will wake before I expect it to so I try and work quickly. At home I clean as I go, or tidy as I go. I don't ever think "I'll come back to this later".
- Of course when the babies need my attention, all this goes out the window.
Calling all mothers!
Please share your best tips with me for juggling work and babies (any work - inside or outside the home)