We all know that between kids, shopping, work and gym, it is often a challenge to keep the car nice and clean. It doesn't have to be an impossible task if you put some or all of these ideas into practice.
Here are 10 things I do to keep my car clean, tidy and organised.
1. I don't allow any messy, greasy food in my car and I only eat fruit that won't mess. This rule applies to me and to other people.
2. I don't allow anybody to smoke in my car.
3. I also have some wet wipes in my cubby-hole to wipe my hands from the fruit. I then use the same wet wipe to clean my steering wheel, my dashboard, gear lever, etc. It's called repurposing.
4. To keep your car smelling nice, leave a plastic refill bag of fabric softener under your car seat. The smell permeates the whole car and makes it smell lovely.
1. I keep some plastic bags in my cubby-hole so that I can throw away apple cores, bits of paper, etc. This bag leaves my car every weekend or once it's full, whichever comes first.
2. I also have a special plastic bag for my umbrella. There is nothing worse than wet-car smell from horrible, wet umbrellas.
3. In the boot (trunk) of my car, I keep a box so that my shopping bags don't move around. Inside the box, I keep a couple of fabric shopping bags.
1. I have a notebook and pen in the actual car mainly to write down when I fill up with petrol but also to make notes so I don't forget things. If I'm driving and I remember something I have to do, I quickly make a note of it at the traffic light.
2. When you fill up with petrol, note down the number of L and then you can work out when you next should fill up. Now, if you don't get the same consumption for a number of times, then you should get your car checked out at the next service.
3. I also like keeping a magazine in the car. When I'm kept waiting somewhere, I can use the time constructively to catch up on my reading.
Now it's your turn :)
Please share your favourite tips in the comments