Monday, January 14, 2008

Menu plan 14 Jan 2008 & goals

The search for a cleaning lady continues but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Bea's friend is bringing a lady on Wednesday and I CAN'T WAIT! I really hope she works out because I'm a bit fussy (!).

And in case you're interested, I have still not done one stitch of ironing! I am wearing absolutely everything in my wardrobe first :)

Our goals
Dion and I had a goals review session last night - such fun! And then we went through MOUNTAINS of research for when we go to the UK in May. Our goal is to have flights booked by the end of the month. We're actually travelling for 4 weeks this year.

Good thing we've been saving because I had a bit of a shock yesterday looking at UK prices. Remember we have to multiply everything by 14 to get the prices in South African Rand, which can stop your heart beating for a few seconds ;)

But how are you doing on your goals? If you haven't been successful in the past, then maybe you should have a look at how to set and achieve your goals. Go here to read more.

Monday
Healthy macaroni cheese - see below for recipe

Tuesday
Dion's night

Wednesday
Stirfried beef, veggies and rice

Thursday
Baked potatoes with kidney bean sauce

Friday
Hamburgers, chips and salad

Healthy macaroni cheese
300g macaroni
1 can (410g) tomato and onion mix (or 2 tomatoes and an onion, chopped up)
500 ml fat-free milk
100g cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 pkt thick white onion soup

Cook macaroni as normal.
Pour soup powder into a saucepan, add milk and bring to the boil. If you stir with a whisk, it keeps your sauce lump-free :)
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
In a greased casserole dish, layer macaroni, tomatoes & onions, salt & pepper, cheese, then again macaroni, tomatoes & onions, salt & pepper and cheese. Keep some cheese for the top!
Pour the sauce over the top and bake for 15 minutes.
Then add the cheese and bake for the last 5 minutes.
Enjoy - it is SOOOO yum!

Please visit Laura for more menu plans.

Please also go to this post if you want to win a Household Organising File.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Nic said...

I am definitely going to try the macaroni recipe. My kids love pasta and I am always on th elook out for healthy variation. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Andrea said...

Hey! I'm excited to have won the gift certificate! Do you want me to email you first or are you just going to email it over to me (my email is on my blog) I checked around a little, but I couldn't find your email on here...so just thought i'd touch base with you here :) Thanks so much!!

Nicole said...

Hi Marcia! Great menu this week. :) How are you doing on your UK search?

ShareThis