Sunday, November 25, 2007

Menu Plan Monday - 26 Nov 2007

If you battle with paper and office organising, please get your blog discount code and check out 7 easy steps to organise your office.

Hi everybody

I'm back! Thank you to those of you who emailed me checking on me - much appreciated :)

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I was having surgery on 16th November. Well, that happened and thank God, was better than I expected (shorter surgery and one less day in the hospital). Initially the doctor said I'd probably be off for 2 weeks but they'd better be able to tell at my one-week check-up.

Well, that happened on Friday. I'm now booked off for FOUR WHOLE WEEKS and I'm going stir crazy!

I'm FLYING through books at a rate of one per day, watching my daily dose of Oprah and doing lots of computer work. You see, I'm restricted to sedentary activities so it's not like I can give the house a good clean. I'm so glad I went crazy at that book sale! Also, I started writing out my Christmas cards yesterday.

I've been revamping all my products and I'll be removing some from the store, making combos of some of them, using some only to support my coaching clients, and of course, working on new stuff.

Last week we played it by ear because Dion did most of the cooking but that spontaneous stuff doesn't work for me - I realised anew that I like to know what's happening :) so yesterday, I checked the freezer and pantry, and made a no-fuss menu plan.

Monday
Baked potato and sausage casserole

Tuesday
Spaghetti and lentil bolognaise sauce (veggie version of normal bolognaise)

Wednesday
Chicken steaks, mashed potato and carrots

Thursday
Chilli con carne, rice and pumpkin

Friday
Fish, chips and salad

For more menus, please visit Laura's site. By the way, has anybody else noticed a decrease in traffic since MPM's gotten so big? I said to Laura, seems like everyone else feels just as overwhelmed as I do, or am I the only one? :)

6 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Marcia, so glad the surgery went well. I'm praying for a speedy recovery for you.

I think this time of the year is just crazy for everyone. I know I'm swamped and the first thing to go for me is the blog visiting unfortunately.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear your surgery went well and you're home on the mend :)

I agree with Laura, this time o' year gets insanely crazy for many folks and blog surfing falls behind easily...I'm working on that problem this morn LOL!

~~Rest, Recup!

gail@more than a song said...

Glad you got that behind you and it's going well!
Your meals look good and hope everything goes ok for you this week.

KC said...

Looks like a great menu
Happy Monday

Anne said...

Four weeks is a long time to have to take it easy! I'm glad you are allright and wish you a speedy recovery! Your site is looking very nice- at least you can work on that. Have a wonderful week, Marcia! :) :)

Natalie said...

Glad the surgery went well! Sounds like a yummy week!

ShareThis