Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Tackle it Tuesday - reading list (Excel)

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


We were at the library last weekend and I stood in front of the Cathy Kelly section, trying to remember which books I'd already read. And I couldn't.

Stuff like that freaks me out so I decided that I had to update my reading list in Excel. I do it in Excel so I can sort by author, print it out and take it with me to the library.
I've just realised that I read The Mummy Diaries twice - can't remember reading it at all :)

I have to do the whole of 2006 (about 70 - 80 books) and half of 2007.
Wish me well - I will come back and tell you when it's done
edited to add - I am officially done! That means 73 books for 2006 and 39 for 2007 so far :-)

Go visit 5 minutes for mom for more great tackles. And while you’re surfing, say hi to a blogger today!

8 comments:

Jodi said...

I do this too, well not updating my list, but not remembering what books I have read and not read LOL! Good luck on your tackle!

Have a great Tuesday!
♥ Jodi

palmtreefanatic said...

have fun with this tackle!

mistihollrah said...

I sortof did that last night when I clean off my shelves to dust-I wrote down all of the books & authors in a notebook with the intention to transfer them into my household inventory notebook at a later date.

I'm working on my household inventory notebook today.

Military Mommy said...

I am very impressed, as always. : ) Wow. 73 books in a year is not light reading, my friend. No wonder you's so smart. ; )

Kathleen said...

I don't write down what books I HAVE read except that I review most of them on my review blog but I did have a library notebook that I took with me. One section was to write down the results of a book search on their computer (like the dewey decimal number of the book I'm looking for) and another section was for notes I wanted to keep from books I just flipped through or read AT the library. The third section was a list of books I'd found and wanted to eventually read but wasn't taking out today.

I did my very first tackle today!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I've never gotten around to cataloging my books, although I do organize the ones I own by topic.

AnnaLiza said...

wow that's great!
its my goal to read these two books i got right by my feet right now.

They are "Sacred Marriage" and "Ocean Star" (well, this one is on my bookshelf so i don't know if that's the exact title).

have a great week!

A Juggling Mum said...

What a great tackle :)I bet you're glad that's done!

Rachel xxx

ShareThis