Sunday, July 15, 2007

Menu plan Monday - 16 July 2007 & good mail!

Look what I received on Friday from the Organising Junkie herself - good mail! What a lovely thank-you card all the way from Canada. I am already using the bookmark in my Bible.


Thank you so much, Laura - this made my day. I had been having a rather blah kind of day and this perked me right up :-)






Now, onto my menu plan for the week...


Monday
Pork chops, sweetcorn & potato bake (recipe below) and carrots

Tuesday
M – out at work function (I’m told they will feed us)
D – chilli & rice

Wednesday
D – burgers
M – leftover pizza (if you have not yet tried Sandra's pizza, do it. You won't regret it!)

Thursday
Pasta with chickpea & vegetable sauce, topped with cheese

Friday
Chicken burgers and fat-free chips

Sweetcorn and potato bake
4 medium potatoes
1 can cream
style sweetcorn
salt, pepper, Italian herbs to taste

Scrub the potatoes with their skins on.
Dice into fairly big squares (about 2cm).
Throw into a microwave dish with spices and microwave on high for about 5 minutes (nearly but not quite done)
Now add the can of sweetcorn and stir the whole lot, to thoroughly mix.
Microwave for a further 2 - 3 minutes until potatoes are done.

There you go - done!

If you want to be decadent, you can top with cheese. I don't, but I do add some more pepper. Yum.

For more Menu Plan Monday participants, go on over to Laura's blog.

I've been a bad commenter this last week because we had power cuts on two of the nights so I've been prioritising and doing the absolute basics, like sending out my newsletter and responding to emails. Got to practise what I preach, right?! :-)

9 comments:

Laura said...

Hello!! I'm so happy you got it and that you like it. You are so deserving. You are such an awesome person and I'm so honored to call you friend!

Laura

Marcia Francois said...

Wow - what a great way to start the week by reading that!

Lorie said...

Your menu sounds great! Did you get to try that recipe last week?

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful meal plan!! Have a great week.

Christi said...

It all sounds delicious!

Have a great week!

Sandra said...

Great menu, everything looks yummy!

I LOVE the pizza too, my family requests it quite often :)
♥Sandra♥

Menu Plan Monday

Anonymous said...

Thank so so much for coming back to my blog and saying all of the kind things you said :) It is definitely a compliment coming from you. I wish my life was as organized and tidy as yours. You definitely are a gifted woman!!

Take Care and I'm going to go browse your blog now...

Bridget from "And Miles To Go..."

Anne said...

That's so sweet about the card! It's neat how someone clear across the world can give encouragement!

We're having pizza this week too, but I'm going to have to check out the link.

Have a happy week!!

Annie Elizabeth said...

I want to try the Sweetcorn and potato bake sound so good.

ShareThis