Monday, July 13, 2009

Quick tip - forgetting your cell phone at home

Sometimes I realise that my cell phone battery is running low so I plug it in to charge. Our charging station is in the kitchen.

I then forget to collect the phone before I leave because the rest of my stuff is on my launch pad, as in this picture.

Yes, that's a new bag :)

So now I do this: I keep a clothes peg on my cell phone charger. When I plug in the phone, I remove the peg and pin it to my handbag.

Like this.


When I'm ready to leave and I see that peg, I remember that my phone is still charging and now, I don't forget to collect it anymore!


How do you remember your cell phone?

post signature

7 comments:

Geralin Thomas (@metrozing on Twitter) said...

Marcia,

I put my car keys on the charging dock with my phone. Can't go anywhere w/o my keys.

Theresa Finnigin said...

My charging station is right next to my purse. My purse and phone are always together!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

This is, quite possibly, the most brilliant suggestion I've read this year. Thank you!

Marci @OvercomingBusy said...

My purse and my phone are always side by side. Can't leave without them!

Caitlin T. said...

What a great solution! I kept forgetting my phone all the time after charging it!
I eventually just moved my cell charger to the front hall right near where I put my purse. Now my cell is either inside the purse, or right next to it!

Raewyn aka whinney said...

I thread the charger cord through my key ring so when I need to lock the door on my way out I find my keys and cellphone at the same time! LOL

Unknown said...

Your suggestion is great!

I have a pocket in my bag specifically for my cell phone. I keep it zippered when the phone is in there. When I am charging the phone, which is right on the counter near the door, I keep the zipper open. I always check the zippers on my bag before I leave. If I see an open zipper, I know I am missing something.

ShareThis