Friday, May 08, 2009

Friday Declutter Challenge - underwear drawers

Today we're decluttering and organising our underwear drawers.

First, before you even start organising, get rid of all the old, ugly, stretched out garments.

Remember what your mother told you? What if you're in an accident with ugly underwear? :)

Now that that's taken care of, you can organise.

There's also a lot less to have to think about which in my book, is win-win!

I use cereal boxes to keep everything organised, thus dispelling the myth that organising has to be expensive.


More cereal boxes and those cardboard dividers for drinking glasses


Over to you! Let me know how you do in the comments.

**************************************

The Organise your Home ecourse is a step-by-step system delivered in bite-sized pieces so you will NEVER feel overwhelmed. You even get an audio of me teaching you how to organise your space.

Tons of people have been through this system; are you next?

2 comments:

Diane said...

Thanks for the motivation. I will tackle my two drawers tomorrow. Thanks for the great ideas too on how to cheaply organize.

Anne said...

One thing that has always been organized my whole life are my clothing drawers. No exageration. Over the years I have found the best solution for me is to fold my garments in a certain way and stack them in those cheap dollar store baskets inside the drawer. 4 fit across the back of the drawer perfectly. Then I use the space in the front for gym socks, folded. It works out great.

My husband's drawers dont work out so well. I keep them straightened, but the man collects undies and socks and has way too many to put in baskets. I had a basket in his drawer at one point in time but he just filled it with pocket lint and coins and other junk so I repurposed it.

ANYWAY, the last time I talked him into going through his drawers was 2 years ago. He was bugging me to buy him new socks and I kept telling him that he had a ton of socks. He didnt believe me until he started going through things. He threw away 60 pairs of socks. SIXTY! And kept 28 pairs. And I am just talking about white everyday socks. That isnt even getting into the colored socks for suits and slacks! So 28 pairs. To me, that is still overkill on the number of socks, but considering where we had started, I kept my mouth shut about it.

Me? I have 10 pairs of white socks. 5 newer pairs and 5 older pairs. But I seem to always wear the same 3 pairs so I suppose I could get rid of the older ones. DOing laundry every day sure helps keep down the necessary number of garments... and with the way my husband collects clothing, all the extra space is needed. *grin*

ShareThis