Amanda wrote this: "I could use tips for motivation to get up and get things done".
When you battle to get motivated, choose Quick and Easy tasks so that you can build up some momentum and feel good when (not if!) you do finally get some things done.
So what gets you motivated?
Is it MUSIC? Then put on some 80's tunes (or whatever your favourites are) to get yourself energised.
Is it COMPETITION? Then challenge yourself and see how many of the tasks you can accomplish in an hour.
Is it being ACCOUNTABLE? Then post a comment telling me what you're going to do and come back to tell me when it's done!
Is it SOCIAL INTERACTION? Then make a coffee date with a friend, but ONLY once you've done an hour's organising.
Is it reaching a GOAL? Then reward yourself once you've done all the tasks.
Right! So now that we know what motivates you, let's get to it!
IN THE HOME
1. Declutter and sort through all the old magazines. Tear out the articles and toss the rest.
2. Organise your launch pad - that place in your home where you DUMP things when you walk in the door.
3. Collect all the clothes you need to dry-clean, declutter or get mended.
4. Clear off the front of your fridge. Toss the magnets and recipes you're never going to use.
5. Throw away any old food in your fridge and freezer, and give the surfaces a good wipe down.
And now for some...
1. Do your filing.
2. Collect all the bills and invoices from around the home and schedule the payment dates in your planner.
3. Shred any junk mail with your name on it.
4. Organise your desk.
5. Delete 100 emails from your Inbox and Sent Items.
Whatever you do manage to do, give yourself a pat on the back!
Leave a comment and let me know which of the 5 motivators work best for you.