We’ve already covered that you should start with the area of your home or life that bothers you the most.
After you know which area to start in, decide what you want to have happen in that space.
In other words, what is your vision?
What do I mean when I say you need to have a vision?
Well, if it’s your family room that needs organising, decide what the purpose of that room is.
1. Do you want an entertainment area?
2. Do the kids need a play area?
3. Do you use a portion of the room as an office area?
In this example, you need three distinct zones and everything else must go!
In the picture of the kitchen drawer above, what is the purpose for that drawer?
It's to store dish towels, cloths and sponges, and nothing else. Everything else like cutlery or other junk that doesn’t belong, needs to go.
Your action plan
1. Decide on your vision for the room you've chosen
2. Go around and remove everything else that doesn't belong
See? It's totally doable :)
How to de-clutter