Friday, April 04, 2008

Do you have an evening routine?

One of the best ways to ensure you get a good start in the mornings is to have a good evening routine.

It's even more important if you're not a morning person like I am ;)

My evening routine includes:

  1. packing my work bag
  2. packing my lunch
  3. setting out my clothes
  4. getting the video ready to record Dr Phil and Oprah ;)
  5. tidying my desk
  6. doing a quick 5-minute tidy of the house, like taking mugs and glasses to the kitchen, etc.
  7. cleaning face, moisturising, etc.
  8. Bible reading and other reading
If you're not currently doing an evening routine, here's a quick challenge for you:

  • Start by writing out just 5 things you can or should do every night
  • Stick this list in a conspicuous place (if it's on a post-it note, better still)
  • Do it for just one night and see how the next morning runs SOOO smoothly

If you try it, you'll be hooked. And then you'll do it the next night and the next.

Do you do an evening routine? What's on your list?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

In the evening I make it a point to lay out my clothes, shower, fill my water bottle, decide what I'm going to take for lunch, and put any frozen meat I want to cook for dinner in the fridge. You're right, mornings go so much smoother this way. I have to get up early and leave the house by 6:30, so there's no way I could accomplish all of that. :-)

Marcia Francois said...

Rachel, that is so cool. I LOVE the water bottle :)

Anonymous said...

Are you going to be on Oprah and Dr.Phil ?

ShareThis