Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tackle it Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


I decided to join this meme to tackle those things I know I should do, but generally procrastinate on.

So without any further ado, this week I decided to finally start a business control journal. I learned about control journals from Flylady. If you don't know Flylady, go on over and visit her site.

Anyway, I made a list of all the tasks I want to do in a week and those I need to do every month.

I then broke up the weekly tasks over the different days so that everything is spread out evenly and I don't get overwhelmed.

When I'd done the monthly tasks, I was on a roll, so I also did a list of 3-monthly, 6-monthly and annual tasks.

Well, my control journal is only 6 pages long (that includes the cover and all the pictures - I have to make it pretty, you know. That's the fun) but at least I have a working skeleton.

I now want to flesh out each section and add my policies (cancellation, travel, for-free speaking, etc) to it.

And that's it for now. I felt really good once it was done.

Then I PDF'd it. Now in Adobe, you have a choice to print multiple pages on one sheet of paper. So I selected 6 and it all printed on 1 A4 sheet of paper.

Which I now keep under my to-do list every day so that it's in my face and I can tick things off as I do them. Lovely!

2 comments:

Justice Fergie said...

Wow! Good for you on completing a control journal. I want to do one but the thought of it seemed so overwhelming. But they way you broke down the tasks seems manageable.

Thanks!

Marcia Francois said...

Hi there

Thanks for visiting my blog.

It was so easy once I got started. I think that's the key.

Just start writing out what you do every week, then split it all up and there you go. it's a work in progress but it definitely helps.

I feel that things are far more under control than before.

ShareThis