Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Works for me Wednesday - Using TV time

I really hate wasting time so when I do watch TV, I try to make it work double.

First off, I record the programmes (like Dr Phil) and then whiz through the ads so I actually only watch 45 – 50 minutes instead of an hour.

Then, here are a couple of things I do in front of the TV.

1. If I’m really good, I work out with weights in front of the TV. Quite honestly, I haven’t done this for months but now that I’m remembering, I will commit to you, blogworld, to do so at least 3 times before next week’s WFMW. How’s that?

2. Peel and cut vegetables.

3. Update my diary and write my to-do list.

4. Fold laundry.

5. Wrap presents and write out birthday cards.

6. Weed through files and declutter!

7. When it’s a romantic movie, cuddle with Dion ;)


This is what works for me. What do you do in front of the TV?

8 comments:

Melissa said...

OMG I think you're my long lost twin. I also cook, fold laundry, open and sort mail, wrap presents and work on projects (crochet etc... ) in front of the TV. Sometimes I even read blogs or write emails on my laptop on the couch. I actually find it hard to just sit there and watch with nothing in hand.

Anonymous said...

Make that long-lost-triplets!!!

I crochet, iron, type, sew, fold laundry, rubber-stamp, ANYTHING mindless! I also save these activities for tv time!! How sick is that????


lol!!

Marcia Francois said...

Long-lost triplets indeed!

Too funny

Janis Rodgers said...

I multi-task during television as well. Sometimes I even let the commercials run and clean, exercise, or even work during the commercials. I love my DVR, too!

Kim said...

Great tips...I do many of the same things. Folding laundry and deskwork are my two big ones!

Have a great day.

Heaven said...

I'm not particularly fond of T.V. in fact I just canceled our cable. If I do happen to see my husband sitting in front of the T.V. I'm always happy to drop a pile of unfolded laundry at his feet. :)

Darcy said...

I just love having TiVo so that I can record what I want to watch and then fast forward through all of the commercials! I mostly knit or fold clothes while I'm watching my favorite shows. I do love the idea of lifting free weights though. I'm going to have to move my weights into the family room! :)

Forgetfulone said...

That sounds so much like me! I almost NEVER watch TV without doing something else at the same time, and I'd rather watch my DVR events than real time TV.

ShareThis