Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Works for me Wednesday - Sorting laundry

Here in South Africa, it is common to have a cleaning lady. My cleaning lady, Bea, comes in every Monday and for the most part, does an excellent job.

I have been known to say that I will do without food before I do without Bea! That’s how much I hate ironing.

The thing is I could explain to her what goes where but when I get home, she would still put things wherever she found a place.

So I’d end up running around the house looking for my gym shorts, or whatever, because Bea put things where she wanted to.

Until I made these tags for the laundry piles…

One tag says Gym clothes, one says Sleeping clothes, another says Leave this pile on the bed – I’ll pack away.

I took an A4 sheet of cardboard, cut it into 4, and then bent the bits in two.

Since I’ve started doing this, there has been no problems whatsoever. Bea packs everything away in the correct places, and I do the difficult-to-describe-to-someone-else places.

This works for me and now I have no more stress!

For more great tips, go visit Shannon over at Rocks in my Dryer.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Now all I need is Bea. Can ya send her my way? :) Great tip!

The Estrogen Files said...

I agree with Amy - Does Bea want to vacation in Idaho? Good tip.


My WFMW is about food, but not in the traditional way. Come on over!

http://smcarney.blogspot.com/2007/02/common-denominator-of-potatoes-and.html

Lara said...

I'm sure so many women are drooling all over your Bea! I have my own little laundry washer at my house. She 7 and she does all the laundry; washes, dries, folds and puts away (the stuff she can reach!) This week she was even practicing her ironing skills. If she starts ironing I may have to tip her!

Do my eyes deceive me or do you fold your dirty laundry?

Marcia Francois said...

Amy
Great profile picture and thanks for visiting.

Sara
:) who knew all that about potatoes?

I don't even think Bea knows where Idaho is!

Lara
Strangely enough, ironing is also not Bea’s “thing”. She’s much better at general cleaning but since I’m so lazy and am the world’s worst at anything to do with laundry, it works out great.

I love your little laundry washer! She is going to make some man very happy one day in the very distant future.

No, I’m not that OCD. I do the washing and tumble-drying. Then I fold it and attach the tags. Bea just irons and packs away.

ShareThis